Set Protected Mode Interrupt Vector
Sets the address of protected mode handler for the specified
interrupt into the interrupt vector.
AX = 0205H
BL = interrupt number
CX:(E)DX = selector:offset of exception handler
if function successful
Carry flag = clear
if function unsuccessful
Carry flag = set
AX = error code
- The value passed in CX should be a valid protected mode
code selector, not a real mode segment address.
- 32-bit clients must supply a 32-bit offset in the EDX
register. If the client's handler chains to the next
exception handler it must do so using a 32-bit interrupt
- DPMI hosts must support all 100H (256 decimal) interrupt
vectors with this function.
- Hardware interrupts are sent to the primary client of the
virtual machine while software interrupts are sent to the
current client. (See Appendix A: Glossary for definitions
of primary and current client.)
- Refer to the rules for descriptor usage in Appendix D.