OpenGL 2.1 Reference Pages
Use the index at the left to choose any GL, GLU, or GLX reference page for viewing. The reference pages
(also known as "man pages") include all of the important usage information for each command. This
information includes a description of all parameters, return values, error conditions, and related
Many of the reference pages depend on relatively complex math equations. We've chosen the industry
standard, MathML, for rendering our equations. This standard is gaining widespread support, but there
are still some growing pains. Here's what you can expect from different browsers:
- Firefox 1.5+: native support is built-in, but Firefox will complain about missing
Installing the recommended fonts should appease Firefox. However, it has been reported that on Mac OS X,
additional steps are required to prevent ongoing font complaints:
about:config in the address bar
- Control-click anywhere in the list of preferences that come up and select New > String
- In the "New string value" dialog, enter
- In the "Enter string value" enter
Math1, Math2, Math4
- Internet Explorer 6: no native support, but you'll be automatically prompted to install the
Design Science MathPlayer plugin which
renders our equations beautifully.
- Internet Explorer 7: works out of the box with native MathML support!
- Opera 9+: no native support, but this page describes a simple add-on which provides
- Safari: no native support and no known add-ons. Sorry!
If you find any inaccuracies or typos in the reference pages, don't hesitate to inform us via the