|[ < ]||[ > ]||[ << ]||[ Up ]||[ >> ]||[Top]||[Contents]||[Index]||[ ? ]|
This assumes you have gotten SDL_mixer and installed it on your system. SDL_mixer has an INSTALL document in the source distribution to help you get it compiled and installed.
Generally, installation consists of:
SDL_mixer supports playing music and sound samples from the following formats:
- WAVE/RIFF (.wav)
- AIFF (.aiff)
- VOC (.voc)
- MOD (.mod .xm .s3m .669 .it .med and more) using included mikmod
- MIDI (.mid) using timidity or native midi hardware
- OggVorbis (.ogg) requiring ogg/vorbis libraries on system
- MP3 (.mp3) requiring SMPEG library on system
- also any command-line player, which is not mixed by SDL_mixer...
You may also want to look at some demonstration code which may be downloaded from:
2.1 Includes The include files to use for SDL_mixer 2.2 Compiling Using the SDL_mixer library and header file.