Boost.MultiArray: Extra Notes
Boost.MultiArray was designed with compiler support in mind.
Interface compromises were kept to a minimum, but efforts were
made to account for C++ Standard compliance issues in compilers
that were popular at the time the library was written. That said,
Boost.MultiArray has been tested with the following compilers:
Boost.MultiArray is known to NOT work with Borland C++ v5.5.1.
Support for this compiler is forthcoming.
- Gnu C++ Compiler v2.95.2 (compile with -ftemplate-depth-50)
- Gnu C++ Compiler v3.0.2
- Kuck and Associates C++ Compiler v4.0f
- Microsoft Visual C++ v6.0 sp5
- Comeau C++ Compiler v4.2.45 beta 2 (libcomo beta 14)
- Intel C++ Compiler v5.0 (with MS lib v6.0 sp5)
- Metrowerks CodeWarrior C++ Compiler v7.1
The following is a list of work that is intended for the near future
-- following the initial addition of the library to the Boost
- Pursue and document performance issues related to compilers and
- More comprehensive examples of using the library components.
- Extensive rewrite of the user documentation to make it more accessible.
Last modified: Wed Jan 8 18:09:46 EST 2003