Predefined preprocessor variables
The following variables can vary by compiler, but generally
- The __LINE__ and __FILE__ variables represent the current line
and current file being processed.
- The __DATE__ variable contains the current date, in the form
month/day/year. This is the date that the file was compiled, not
necessarily the current date.
- The __TIME__ variable represents the current time, in the form
hour:minute:second. This is the time that the file was compiled,
not necessarily the current time.
- The __cplusplus variable is only defined when compiling a C++
program. In some older compilers, this is also called
- The __STDC__ variable is defined when compiling a C program,
and may also be defined when compiling C++.