Version 2.0, August 24th 1999
- Added htmlWorkshopFiles setting, to output .hpp, .hhc
and .hhk (HTML Workshop) files, for generating MS HTML Help or wxHTML Help.
Version 1.64, October 20th 1998
- Added \insertatlevel command.
Version 1.63, October 21st 1997
- Debugged problem with Word bookmarks not being inserted for unnumbered
Version 1.62, August 18th 1997
- Added contributed changes by Andreas Münzenmaier to support German
accents by allowing the characters to be placed in input files, and also
converting them back to character codes in the WinHelp .cnt file.
- Now \helpref causes page references to be inserted in linear RTF,
or section references if not on Word mode.
- WinHelp table caption bug fixed.
Version 1.61, June 11th 1997
- \fcol now works in HTML using the FONT tag.
- \twocollist works in indented paragraphs, and is now
implemented properly using tables in HTML.
- New boolean option combineSubSections added, which switches off
the generation of separate HTML files below section level. This can reduce the
number of HTML files substantially.
Version 1.60, February 18th 1997
- The index command now allows complex LaTeX instead of inserting the
first argument verbatim.
Version 1.59, February 14th 1997
- Added special processing for a chapter called Popups.
Version 1.58, August 1st 1996
- Added HTML settings: backgroundImage, backgroundColour, textColour,
- Added \backgroundimage, \backgroundcolour, \linkcolour,
followedLinkColour. \background now obsolete (but behaviour is
- The default background colour is now white.
- Debugged HTML \ss (put in wrong place in code).
Version 1.57, July 27th 1996
- Added upperCaseNames setting; now all links in HTML files are in lower
case unless specified otherwise.
Version 1.56, May 25th 1996
- Debugged \special processing for HTML (escaped characters such ampersand).
- Added contentsDepth for Word RTF contents page.
- Removed overlapping href in HTML pages.
Version 1.55, May 6th 1996
- \verb support corrected for HTML.
- Added abstractName setting.
- Debugged incorrect centring for HTML buttons.
Version 1.54, Feburary 28th 1996
- Bug fix for 24-bit bitmap inclusion when generating RTF:
caused a floating point error.
- Added htmlIndex setting, to generate an .htx index file of an HTML document for
use in wxHelp version 2 or other programs.
- Fixed header/footer bug.
- Change colons to spaces for WinHelp RTF keywords, since the colon has a specific meaning in WinHelp.
Version 1.53, January 1995
- Now stores paths from file inclusions, so that if you include
a file A from a separate directory, which then includes a file B
relative to that directory, Tex2RTF will search in the path
of A to find file B.
Version 1.52, December 1995
- \helpref and related commands now generate italicized instead
of bold 'anchor' text for linear formats.
- Cured bug where Tex2RTF could hang on start up, while reading
the tex2rtf.ini file. This occurred when a comment finished with
the end of file.
- Split the commands reference in two (LaTeX and Tex2RTF commands),
and added a Commands by category section.
- Removed a bug that caused HTML output to be garbled on the
Version 1.51: Windows 95 enhancements.
- Added settings winHelpContents (for generating .cnt file), winHelpVersion (for specifying
target version of WinHelp).
- Added space to non-scrolling region of topic.
- If winHelpVersion is 4, makes non-scrolling region grey and the rest yellow.
- Added \settransparency command for WinHelp 4 transparent bitmaps.
- Tidied up HTML generation (headers and bodies in the right places).
- Eliminated extra space after verbatim in HTML.
- Added support for simple tables in HTML.
- Added \textcolour, \background for colouring text and background in HTML.
- Added \copyright, \registered symbols in HTML.
- Added \imagel, \imager for left and right aligned images
- Added \brclear for clearing image alignment in HTML.
- Added LaTeX font size support in HTML (\small, \large etc.) using Netscape font extensions.
- HTML button-bar change: always shows the same buttons, but may make one or more insensitive. Changing button positions
could be very annoying.
- Tidied up RTF generation for non-Word viewers (useWord set to false). Will now look reasonable using
Windows 95 Quick View and WordPad: WordPad doesn't do tables but does bitmaps, and QuickView does tables but not
bitmaps. Such is life.
- Cured some bugs (char used for fgetc instead of int) so now compiles for
- Added some LaTeX2e fonts commands such as \rmfamily, \textrm, \emph.
Most of these are aliases for other commands.
Up to version 1.47:
- Added \backslashraw, \rbraceraw and \lbraceraw commands
to help output arbitrary RTF.
- Added \sethotspotcolour, \sethotspotunderline commands for controlling
WinHelp hotspot appearance.
- Added truncateFilenames option.
- Improved HTML inline image handling.
Up to version 1.46:
- Added \urlref command for specifying HTML URLs.
- Started support for translating .SHG files to HTML .map files
(this works if compiled under Borland, not MS VC++ for some reason!)
- Fixed nasty memory bug in HTML code (thanks Petr).
- Added generateHPJ option for generating the .HPJ WinHelp project file
- Added support for DDE via a small command set
- Option for using Word's INCLUDEPICTURE or IMPORT field, since the method that
works for Works, doesn't work for Word! See bitmapMethod in the
- Improved bibliography reading and cured some minor bugs
- Added \ss German sharp s
- Added rudimentary \special command (simply copies the argument
to the output)
- Added missing '.' in subsubsection reference
- Added primitive internationalisation support with contentsName, tablesName etc.
- All HTML special characters now correctly delimited by a semicolon.
- Cured HTML section-duplicating bug I introduced in 1.35.
- Cured too much spacing after sections in RTF, introduced in 1.35.
- Added TCHECK tool, to help track down common Tex2RTF syntax problems.
- Included Kresten Thorup's LACHECK LaTeX checking tool with DOS executable.
- Now ignores \@ command.
- Table of contents now includes numbered subsubsections.
- Added \multicolumn 'support' to stop RTF readers crashing.
- Added useWord, defaultColumnWidth, compatibility options to .ini file.
- \comment environment now doesn't complain about unknown syntax.
- Added \toocomplex environment that treats its contents as
verbatim in output, treated as normal output in true LaTeX.
- End-of-line comments allowed in in .ini files, using semicolon,
percent or hash characters to denote a comment.
- For linear RTF, Word for Windows support for \printindex,
\index, \pageref, \listoftables, \listoffigures, contents page.
- Added RTF support for various symbols.
- Added colour support, with \definecolour, \fcol and \bcol commands.
- Fixed some bugs: page numbering problems, macros deleted after first pass.
- Added -charset command-line switch.
- Added \itemsep, \twocolumn, \onecolumn, \setfooter, \setheader, \pagestyle,
\pagenumbering, \thechapter, \thesection, \thepage, \thebibliography, \bibitem commands.
- New environment called \twocollist for making two-column lists,
with formatting optimized for target file format.
- New \indented environment for controlling indentation.
- List indentation and bulleting improved.
- Added commands \normalbox, \normalboxd for putting borders around text.
- Many options can now be specified in the .ini file along with custom macros.
- Cured bug that put too much vertical space after some commands.
- Improved table formatting.
- Optional 'Up' button in WinHelp files for easier navigation.
- Verbatim lines followed by \par in RTF, to improve WinHelp wrapping.
- Conversion may now be aborted under Windows by attempting to close the application.
- Added conditional output for all formats: \latexignore, \latexonly, \rtfignore, \rtfonly,
\winhelpignore, \winhelponly, \htmlignore, \htmlonly, \xlpignore, \xlponly.
- HTML generator can now add Contents, Up, << and >> buttons (text or bitmap) to
each page except titlepage.
- \footnote command now supported in WinHelp RTF, and \footnotepopup
- \footnote command now supported, in linear RTF only.
- Added -bufsize option, for converting large documents.
- \image command now scales metafiles (but not bitmaps).
- Fixed macro loading bug, now informs the user of the found macro filename.
- Now supports paragraph and subparagraph commands.
- Support for some accents added.
- \verb command now supported.
- Bug in subsubsection handling fixed.
- Can save conversion log in a text file.
- More informative, warns against use of some commands.
- Added compile-time support for non-GUI environments (such as plain UNIX).
- Improved HTML support.